Month: March 2020
EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children: A Workshop with Dr. Robbie Adler-Tapia
“Kids are resilient,” we often hear people say when they speak of the hardships children may face. They bounce back from trauma, family crisis, and health challenges with relative ease.
Or do they?
Most of us know that children do suffer from trauma even though it may manifest differently than in adults. That’s why we must approach the protocols of EMDR therapy with children in mind.
Enter Robbie Adler-Tapia, Ph.D.
Robbie Adler-Tapia is a licensed psychologist in Tempe, Arizona, where she works with children and families encountering trauma, attachment challenges, adoption, and child welfare issues. Dr. Adler-Tapia also serves forensically as an expert witness in the Juvenile and Family Courts. She advocates for children, resilient or not.
Now you can train with this expert in the field at a new workshop offered by EMDR Professional Training.
“EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children” is an advanced training with Robbie Adler-Tapia, Ph.D. Coming up July 2020 as a virtual workshop, this course is for beginning to intermediate practitioners of EMDR Therapy.
Based on the book and treatment manual of the same name, Dr. Adler-Tapia focuses on basic and advanced skills in adhering to the EMDR therapy with children and presents case conceptualization through the lens of the Adaptive Information Processing Theory (AIP). She explains how to change the language of EMDR therapy to meet the child’s developmental needs and how to specifically apply the eight phases with children.
Play and Plan
Participants of this informational workshop learn how to develop a comprehensive treatment plan and create child-oriented methods for resourcing and stabilization skills along with Cognitive and Motor Interweaves. Discussion of child development theory as it applies to the AIP theory is also included. Dr. Adler-Tapia also covers how to use EMDR therapy in complex cases with a variety of special topic areas including ADHD, giftedness, attachment, dissociation, and sexual reactivity. Advanced Resourcing Skills and Mapping along with a discussion of work with Children and Families in Child Welfare ends this engaging two-day workshop.
Find out more regarding continuing education units and register now for this informative and pertinent two-day event by accessing our Advanced Trainings page at EMDR Professional Training. This course is EMDRIA approved.
EMDR Professional Training offers both Live and OnDemand advanced courses for EMDR Therapy to fit your learning needs.
The advanced training courses we offer online offer an easy and convenient way to continue your advanced training in EMDR Therapy.
Click here to get started.
Current OnDemand Courses:
- Bootcamp: Basic Skills Refresher
- Introduction to Working with Addictions with EMDR Therapy
- A Relational Model for Parts/Ego State Work in EMDR Therapy
- “Part of me wants to quit, and part of me doesn’t”: An Integrative Developmental Approach to Addiction
- EMDR and Performance: Removing Blocks and Raising the Bar—Clinical Strategies for Athletes and Creatives
- DeTUR: Urge Reduction Protocol for Addictions and Dysfunctional Behaviors–The Accelerated Adaptive Information Processing Model
- Introduction to Working with Addictions with EMDR Therapy An Interview with Susan Brown and Curt Rouanzoin
- Suicide: Assessment, Intervention, and Prevention—Skills and Resources to Stop the Pain
- “You mean I CAN help my clients struggling with psychosis?”: Understanding and treatment of psychosis using EMDR Therapy
- Paradigm Shift: Defense mechanisms through the EMDR therapeutic framework
- Oops: Common Errors, Bloopers, and Blunders when using EMDR therapy and how to fix them
- EMDR and the Art of Psychotherapy with Children
- The Other Side of Heroes: First Responders and Chronic Pain
- EMDR and Cultural Competency
- “You Know It, Now Present It!” Professional Development Course
Register today for online advanced courses at EMDR Professional Training or call: (949) 445-6548
Due to COVID-19, we are postponing our weekend 3 training for San Diego 3/20-22, 2020 and Cal State Fullerton 3/27-29, 2020. It is very important to us that we do everything we can to mitigate the spread of the virus. Therefore, we have made the difficult decision to postpone our weekend 3. We are working to make arrangements to reschedule now. As soon as we have the details, we will let you know. Please let us know if you have any questions.