This page serves is a resource for those who have enrolled in Basic Training with EMDR Professional Training as a Licensed (For Profit) Participant. We are excited to work with you and want to provide you with more information about the upcoming training.
Dates & Times of Training
Friday January 11 11:30 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday January 12 8:15 am – 4:00 pm
Sunday January 13 8:15 am – 6:00 pm
Friday February 15 11:45 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday February 16 8:15 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday February 17 8:15 am – 5:00 pm
Friday March 8 11:45 am – 5:00 pm
Saturday March 9 8:15 am – 5:00 pm
Sunday March 10 8:15 am – 5:00 pm
55 Fair Drive
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Check-in will take place in the rotunda area in the Heath Academic Center. Please refer to #26 on the Vanguard campus map.
Parking is $2.00 per day for each day of the training. Parking passes can be purchased at any of the parking kiosks on campus. You can park as follows:
Friday Any open lot, except those marked for Faculty/Staff
Saturday Any open lot, including those marked for Faculty/Staff
Sunday Any open lot, including those marked for Faculty/Staff
Note that parking will be more crowded on Sundays due to the various church groups on campus, but there will still be plenty of parking.
Note: Vanguard asks that we not park in any stalls marked “NMC,” which are strictly reserved for Newport Mesa Church.
There are many hotels in the Vanguard University area, two of which we have listed below.
Ayres offers discounts to people attending conferences at Vanguard:
Ayres Hotel & Suites
Distance from Vanguard: 1.6 miles
325 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Guest Services: Complimentary wi-fi, parking, and shuttle service within a 3-mile radius.
Crowne Plaza Hotel
Distance from Vanguard: 2.1 miles
3131 Bristol Street, Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Guest Services: Complimentary breakfast for one person, wi-fi, and parking. Shuttle service to John Wayne Airport (SNA) and within a 5-mile radius.
Snacks and beverages will be provided on each of the training days. However, lunch will be on your own. Please refer to this PDF for a list of local eateries.
EMDR Professional Training’s manuals are available online and can be accessed using the sign-in information you used to register for Basic Training at https://emdr-professional-training.thinkific.com/users/sign_in. Please bring the appropriate manual with you to each weekend of training (Weekend 1 manual to Weekend 1, Weekend 2 manual to Weekend 2, etc.).
You are required to purchase these texts prior to Weekend 1 of the training:
- F. Shapiro, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Therapy, Third Edition. Basic Principles, Protocols, and Procedures. Guilford Press. 2017.
- F. Shapiro, Getting Past Your Past: Take control of Your Life with Self- Help Techniques from EMDR Therapy. Rodan. 2013
Before Weekend 1, please read:
- Chapters 1-6: Shapiro: Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
- Complete Text: Shapiro: Getting past your past
Before Weekend 2, please read:
- Remaining Chapters: Shapiro: Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing
- Articles and links in Manual 1 & 2, including hyperlinks
Before Weekend 3, please read:
- Articles and links in Manual 3
- Any recommended text/article in Special Population of Interest listed in Manual
- Review material from previous weekends
If you have any questions, please contact us here.