Upon completion of this online course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the nature and sequalae of trauma.
- Predict the impact of trauma at different developmental stages.
- Identify the relationship between trauma and dissociative symptoms.
- Describe various types of dissociation.
- Describe the neurobiology of dissociation.
- Identify the implications and complications of clinical treatment with dissociative process and symptoms.
- Describe the nature of dissociative process and symptoms.
- Utilize screening for dissociation and the “Red Flags” of treatment concerns.
- List the differential diagnoses of dissociative symptoms– from dissociative symptoms found in diagnostic categories other than Dissociative Disorders (e.g., Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, PTSD) to DDNOS (ego states work) and DID.
- Utilize EMDR therapy in the treatment of dissociative symptoms in relation to trauma.
- Analyze attributes, as a therapist in practice, that help contribute to the successful treatment of dissociative symptoms in patients.
This course is a 10 CE course. It is the participant’s responsibility to check with their individual state boards to verify CE requirements for their state. Continuing Education Credit is approved through Commonwealth Educational Seminars for the following professions. CEs are approved through EMDRIA, as well.
Commonwealth Educational Seminars is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Commonwealth Educational Seminars maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Professional Counselors/Licensed Mental Health Counselors. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LPCs/LMHCs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Social Workers. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for Social Workers. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
If applicable: Social Workers – New York State
Commonwealth Educational Seminars is recognized by the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Social Work as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers. #SW-0444.
Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists:
Commonwealth Educational Seminars (CES) is entitled to award continuing education credit for Licensed Marriage & Family Therapists. Please visit CES CE CREDIT to see all states that are covered for LMFTs. CES maintains responsibility for this program and its content.
As an American Psychological Association (APA) approved provider, CES programs are accepted by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). These courses can be utilized by nurses to renew their certification and will be accepted by the ANCC. Every state Board of Nursing accepts ANCC approved programs except California and Iowa, however, CES is also an approved Continuing Education provider by the California Board of Registered Nursing (Provider # CEP15567) which is also accepted by the Iowa Board of Nursing.
EMDRIA Credits: 10
EMDRIA: EMDR Professional Training is an EC Provider (#18023) and this program (#18023-DL12) is approved for 10 EMDRIA Credits. Eligibility for EMDRIA Credits is restricted to those who have completed an EMDRIA-Approved Basic EMDR Training.